Need advice on LynxOS

Post by Tony Denau » Thu, 31 Jan 1991 06:38:14

I have just purchased LynxOS for my 386 cpu. I would like to convert an
application running on a Sun workstation to run under LynxOS. My application
is made up of 5 processes communicating using messages and shared memory.
Currently the application uses XView (XWindows) to display status and
accept the users input. Using a window interface is nice since my kbio
process can accept input in one window and my textio process can display
the state of variables in another window.

What facilities does Lynx provide to service console I/O?
After looking at the Lynx documentation, I found a atc (PC/AT keyboard
and console) driver, but  I can't seem to find reference to the curses
library. I was thinking of converting my application to use curses
on the sun, then porting it to lynx.

I know Lynx support X windows, but we've decide not to use it for this application.
Can any LynxOS programmer give me advice on this subject. Thank you.

Tony Denault

--
/------------------------------------------------------------------------\

| 2680 Woodlawn Drive, Honolulu, HI 96789 |               (808) 956-6097 |
\------------------------------------------------------------------------/

1. need advice needed on partioning

I have a 2GB partition that I am upgrading my system with. When I first
setup Linux years ago I was new to Unix and so I put everything in one
big partition in /   Now I know that's a bad idea.
I intend to split up the 2GB as follows
/     100MB
/usr  800MB or 900MB
/var  100MB
/home 800MB
/tmp  100GB
Swap will be on another drive/partition
The machine is my home PC and Linux is now the primary OS.  MSWindows
has been relegated to online banking and games.  Are these reasonable
numbers or am I missing something?  What kind of numbers do you guys
have for your drives?  The distribution I have is Debian and the kernel
is v2.0.33

later
jmb

2. soft reboot hang

3. LynxOS filesystem?

4. Java Web Server 1.1

5. Connections between Linux and LynxOS

6. starting and stopping xdm

7. How to read LynxOS disk under MS-DOS

8. 8lgm where to find them??

9. NFS mounting problems between AIX and LynxOS

10. How about your opinion of LynxOS?

11. Loosing LynxOS nfs mounted directories with Solaris 2.5.x

12. LynxOS/Graphical Debuggers?

13. Passing SIGSEGV in ptrace on LynxOS