VIRUS ALERT (The unknown cost)

Post by Michael A. Til » Fri, 27 Dec 1996 04:00:00

> > What is this? Another "Good Time's Virus" scare? This is crazy. Email can't
> > contain a virus. Maybe a binary attachment, but then you have to actually run
> > it. Someday these people will learn....

> Actually, they never will...

        You have learning to do yourselves.

        The true PENPAL VIRUS was implanted within his usenet posting. I
calculate
that it has already eaten gigabytes of hard drive space, and bandwidth
across the internet even more so. The CPU time it has wasted is
incalculable, as is the
time that we have wasted in dealing with it.

        I'm sorry to see your names connected to it and forced to perpetuate
its existance. Think about it.

VIRUS ALERT (The unknown cost)

Post by » Fri, 27 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Actually, poorly written mail programs can be attacked by sending
extremely long lines. Hopefully all those were fixed after Morris
demonstrated their vunerability.

--
He left the light and laughter clean    |For the time being, email
and stumbled on the stones unseen.      |   to me might be lost or

VIRUS ALERT (The unknown cost)

Post by Dr. W » Fri, 27 Dec 1996 04:00:00

: >

: > >
: > > What is this? Another "Good Time's Virus" scare? This is crazy. Email can't
: > > contain a virus. Maybe a binary attachment, but then you have to actually run
: > > it. Someday these people will learn....
: > >
: > Actually, they never will...

:       You have learning to do yourselves.

:       The true PENPAL VIRUS was implanted within his usenet posting. I
: calculate
: that it has already eaten gigabytes of hard drive space, and bandwidth
: across the internet even more so. The CPU time it has wasted is
: incalculable, as is the
: time that we have wasted in dealing with it.

:       I'm sorry to see your names connected to it and forced to perpetuate
: its existance. Think about it.

Hey, get a life.... oh, my GOD!  What was

ugh
KJLAKJSDLK:*(We57890*W&(#%#$
NO CARRIER

  --Linux--  | Destroy Micro$oft |  Linux: the FREE UNIX

1. VIRUS ALERT (The unknown cost)

 > Actually, poorly written mail programs can be attacked by sending
 > extremely long lines. Hopefully all those were fixed after Morris
 > demonstrated their vunerability.

Yeah, URRight! :) Sometime ago I saw a report by some guys
who tested Unices by feeding to standard utilities complete gibberish,
insanely long lines, binary instead of text, etc., just to check how
well programmer handled the most wierd cases. From fomral point of view,
*majority* of programs behaved incorrectly in incorrect input. It was
fun to know that GNU utilities were the best in respect to this kind
of overload, and the majority of commercial Unices behaved *very* bad!

Paul

--
  ("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._   UNIX *is* user-friendly, he is just very
   `6_ 6  )   `-.  (     ).`-.__.`) picky about who his friends are...

2. Apache+PHP Install problem... missing httpd

3. Virus Alert: happy99.exe attachment is a virus.

4. how to determine on which ports outgoing connections are allowed

5. VIRUS ALERT- Linux/*BSD honour virus found

6. Newbie Question about Linux Compatible Hardware

7. 2.4.19-pre3 udma ide hang with heavy disk activity

8. Virus Alert

9. Virus alert ....

10. VIRUS ALERT: don't panic folks!

11. ASP virus alert!