Screen Interfaces Using Curses

Post by Keith Gladd » Wed, 17 Aug 1994 05:49:04

I need to link C programs on a UNIX platform to a set of screen interface
routines (ie., popup menu, pick list, etc.) that do NOT use X11 or windows.
My plan is to develop these interface routines using curses. I was wondering
if there already exists such a libaray (or if someone knows of a better way
to do this). I have a number of different libraries that have been developed
on a DOS platform and will probably convert these to UNIX by substituting
DOS specific code with UNIX curses code. This looks like quite a task! Please
let me know if there is a quicker and/or easier way to design screen
interfaces on the UNIX platform. Thanks in advance!!

                                              Keith E. Gladden
                                              Systems Programmer
                                              Indiana State University