Unix Guros - Help

Post by K Kede » Sat, 27 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Does anybobe know how to log into a remote host , execute a
series of commands and logout from within an executable shell
script?????

Any sample codes are welocome ......

Unix Guros - Help

Post by forc » Sat, 27 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Subject: Re: Unix Guros - Help
since i'm not a Guru, i suspect you meant "Gyros" ... is that a new greek
food for Unix ppl? i'd be very interested, i love the plain gyros...

On 26 Jun 1998 14:13:10 GMT, K Kedem

Quote:>Does anybobe know how to log into a remote host , execute a
>series of commands and logout from within an executable shell
>script?????

>Any sample codes are welocome ......

Try rsh/ssh if what you want to do is trivial.
Else i'd suggest using expect, it's made for such jobs.
        -forcer

--
/* I used to have a drinking problem.  Now I love the stuff.              */