ddd shows (disabled) as the content of a variable

ddd shows (disabled) as the content of a variable

Post by Sensorf » Wed, 18 Jun 2003 23:35:11

Hello

I have the problem, that on many variables, ddd shows (disabled) as
their value. Its however not on all variables. I am in proper scope.
For example I try to view the content of member variables (I am
debugging a c++ program), which are accessed in the current method.

What could be wrong?

Thank you & Greetings

Sensorflo

Post by M?ns Rullg? » Thu, 19 Jun 2003 01:33:59

> I have the problem, that on many variables, ddd shows (disabled) as
> their value. Its however not on all variables. I am in proper scope.
> For example I try to view the content of member variables (I am
> debugging a c++ program), which are accessed in the current method.

The compiler has probably done optimizations such that the value of
the variable isn't available.  Try compiling the program without
optimization.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd