help with threads

Post by Manbir Prih » Sat, 09 Jul 1994 03:37:40

I'm looking for additional documentation and/or examples of usage of the
lightweight process (lwp) library under SunOS 4.1.

The contents of the SunOS manuals isn't sufficient.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, it would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks.

MP
--
Manbir Prihar, Senior Systems Analyst

Softwords Research International Ltd.        +1 (604) 727-6522, ext 114

1. HELP: Linux thread inside a thread ...

Hi,

I am new to thread programming & socket programming, and I really need
help in this.

I have create a thread (threadA), and inside this thread, I create another
thread (threadB). threadA is listening to a port for any incoming request.
Whenever there is an incoming request, it will create a thread (threadB)
to accept the request, and keep monitoring for any incoming data. I have
use the select() to detect for any data, and use ioctl(socket, FIONBIO,
&one) to make the recv() unblocked. However, when I run my program, I find
that when threadB is created, threadB is running all the time, and threadA
does not get its chance to run at all!!! This prevents threadA to accept
any new incoming request!!!

So how can I make threadA and threadB to be running at the same time (i.e.
share the CPU time)?? I really appreciate any help & suggestions.

I am using Linux, using the glibc-2.0.5 with linuxthread.

Thank you.

2. Apple postscript printer on i486 running Linux?

3. Help on thread

4. Mail and open word documents using applixware

5. + Help with threads on Solaris 2.4 +

6. timer problems

7. help synchronizing threads....

8. Getting my linux file manager to see my windows box

9. help: java threads on multi-cpu

10. Help with THREADS

11. Help with thread, register stuff

12. Help: Kernel thread wakes up too late

13. help simple threads program