Ultra Sparc Parallel Port not working?

Post by Rluki » Wed, 04 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I'm writing some embedded code for use on a Ultra Sparc 1, and
the bpp0 port appears to not be working.  I'm not sure if my C code is bad, or
if Sun's docs are wrong, but when I open the file and write to it, nothing
happens on the port.

I've tried opening the file /dev/bpp0 with both a FILE and an int file pointer,
and
get different results.

#define BPP;
char buffer[];

FILE *ffp;
ffp=fopen(BPP,"w");
fwrite(buffer,1,1,ffp);

The fopen returns a valid pointer, as do the fwrite commands (errno is 0),
but nothing happens at the port (I've got a logic analyzer sitting there
monitoring it.)

int *fp;
fp=open(BPP,O_WRONLY);
write(fp,buffer,1);

The open returns a valid pointer.  The write command hangs my terminal.

If anyone has any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong, I'd appreciate the
advice.

Thanks,

Bob Luking

1. port below the parallel port on the Sparc 20

Sun makes a little 8-inch pigtail which converts the special output to
AUI (thicknet).  You can use a microtransciever to get 10 base 2
(thin coax), unless I'm mistaken.  They also have one which has an AUI
port, and a connector to an external audio speaker box.
--

Derek A. Edwards, Systems Engineer       _____/|
Integrated Solutions Center                  ' |7

  FAX:  (703) 264-6371             ASPEN:  (703) 264-2339

2. comp.os.linux.security biweekly FAQ pointer

4. 43P 150 Parallel Port not working

5. GCC-2.8 or EGCS? The Future of FreeBSD's cc(1)?

6. HELP! parallel port cd-r drive not working

7. Destroy your Barbie Dreamhouse--->>>Use Linux

8. Colorado parallel port tape backup not working

9. Parallel port programming... pins 12 and 13 not working

10. Difference between Sparc 2, Sparc 10 and Ultra Sparc 10

11. parallel port printer and parallel port superdisk

12. Multiple parallel ports/IRQ sharing/non-use of IRQ by parallel ports?