Where could I get Sun's CC compiler?

Post by Joona I Palast » Tue, 17 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I would want some sort of trial version of Sun's CC (SPARC) compiler.
However, Sun's webpage only seems to have it as part of the Visual
Workshop C++ trial version, which is 280 MB in size. Downloading 280 MB
would cost me far too much, so I'm looking for a trial version of just
the compiler, without any Visual extras, that should be at most 20 MB
in size. Is there one available anywhere?

--

| Kingpriest of "The Flying Lemon Tree" G++ FR FW+ M- #80 D+ ADA N+++ |

Post by EXCHANGE:HAL02:HQ » Tue, 17 Aug 1999 04:00:00

> I would want some sort of trial version of Sun's CC (SPARC) compiler.
> However, Sun's webpage only seems to have it as part of the Visual
> Workshop C++ trial version, which is 280 MB in size. Downloading 280 MB
> would cost me far too much, so I'm looking for a trial version of just
> the compiler, without any Visual extras, that should be at most 20 MB
> in size. Is there one available anywhere?

Try you local Sun rep, if they still give away the CDs with Solaris server

packs, you my be able to get hold of an evaluation CD for free.

    Ian

Where could I get Sun's CC compiler?

Post by Gerald Kel » Wed, 18 Aug 1999 04:00:00

You could sign up for Sun's Developer program. It doesn't cost
anything and they'll send you the Workshop trial version on CD
http://www.sun.com/developer

Quote:>I would want some sort of trial version of Sun's CC (SPARC) compiler.

Post by Joona I Palast » Wed, 18 Aug 1999 04:00:00

: You could sign up for Sun's Developer program. It doesn't cost
: anything and they'll send you the Workshop trial version on CD
: http://www.sun.com/developer

Will they send me one automatically, or do I have to order it? If I do,
then how? Will I have to pay shipping? How long are the delivery times?

: >I would want some sort of trial version of Sun's CC (SPARC) compiler.
: >However, Sun's webpage only seems to have it as part of the Visual
: >Workshop C++ trial version, which is 280 MB in size. Downloading 280 MB
: >would cost me far too much, so I'm looking for a trial version of just
: >the compiler, without any Visual extras, that should be at most 20 MB
: >in size. Is there one available anywhere?

--

| Kingpriest of "The Flying Lemon Tree" G++ FR FW+ M- #80 D+ ADA N+++ |

1. 1 * vxjcLnWdi-Compiling shared lib with native Sun compiler (cc, aka, CC)

I have been happily working along building my shared libraries with GCC,
using the usual: gcc -fPIC -c foo.c

Then I link it with: ld -G -h libfoo.so.1 -o libfoo.so foo.o

and everything is peachy.  Today, I tried to do the same thing with the
native compiler, using: cc -pic -c foo.c (and the same ld cmd to link)
but when I then try to link against the lib, it says it can't find any
of
the symbols (routines declared in the shared lib).  As I say, it works
fine
in gcc.

Assuming that there would be some benefit in using the native compiler,
is
there any other command line options I need to include to make the
symbols
visible?

2. http_referer and htaccess

3. 1 * BgyKFFrNo-Compiling shared lib with native Sun compiler (cc, aka, CC)

4. Question re change in tcptwreorder from 4.0D to 4.0F

5. 2 * tCTtngjxY-Compiling shared lib with native Sun compiler (cc, aka, CC)

6. no lp_init() on pl14 startup??

7. Compiling shared lib with native Sun compiler (cc, aka, CC)

8. Ethernet on SCO V3.0

9. 1 * xuzIBiqvq-Compiling shared lib with native Sun compiler (cc, aka, CC)

10. 1 * NmepTvXvo-Compiling shared lib with native Sun compiler (cc, aka, CC)

11. 2 * QQLISpHcd-Compiling shared lib with native Sun compiler (cc, aka, CC)

12. 2 * QpIFQClyA-Compiling shared lib with native Sun compiler (cc, aka, CC)

13. Sun's CC compiler is *slow*