Anybody know a good package to debug memory allocation/freeing?

Anybody know a good package to debug memory allocation/freeing?

Post by Peter Simon » Mon, 06 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Does anybody know of a good package to help debugging the flow of
memory allocation and freeing in ones program, preferable
non-commercial one?

It seems that I am freeing a buffer somewhere in my code, that should
not be de-allocated, but I simply won't find the cause of the problem.

Any ideas appreciated!

        -peter

Post by jbuch.. » Wed, 08 Jan 1997 04:00:00

: Does anybody know of a good package to help debugging the flow of
: memory allocation and freeing in ones program, preferable
: non-commercial one?

I use Electric Fence, by Bruce Perens. It compiles to a library called
libefence.a that you then link to your program. I've used it under
HPUX, SunOS, and Linux.

It's free, and I like it a lot. I forget where I got it from, I
suspect a search with Altavista should turn it up.

=================== http://www.holli.com/~jbuchana =======================
"I have traveled the length & breadth of this country & talked with the
 best people, and I can assure you that data processing is a fad that
 won't last out the year"
 -Editor in Charge of Business Books, Prentice Hall, 1957
==================== http://hybiss.delcoelect.com ========================

1. Anybody know of a good free application launcher for X?

People,

I am looking for a good easily customizable application launcher for
xterms. Basically
I just want to find something that can be launched from Exceed so that
our students
can access applications from open access PC's without having to use the
command line
from an xterm to launch apps. Any ideas would be appreciated, as would
example
configs for the launcher...

Thanks in advance,

Scott.

  slawson.vcf
< 1K Download

2. Cirrus Logic CL-GD6420 DRAM detection problem. Help needed

3. Debug version of Memory Allocation

4. Packet filtering

5. Generalized Memory Allocation Package

6. spell: cannot initialize hash table

7. Does anybody know how to decompress packages ending with .tar.bz2 ?

8. Help - Can't start sendmail anymore !!!

9. Anybody know Summit (finance package)

10. Is there anybody knowing a good "pen" as substitute for the mouse?

11. help! anybody know of good scripting book?

12. Does anybody know a good book about programming for Linux?

13. Anybody knows of a good newsreader?