Looking for software version tracking software

Looking for software version tracking software

Post by lvir.. » Wed, 23 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Is anyone aware of a source software package available on Unix
(preference Solaris) which attempts something like this:

o       audits your $PATH looking for known software packages
o       creates a database tracking the packages and their versions
o       compares against a database of packages and their current versions
o       provides support for downloading new versions.

Think something like CPAN only for non-Perl code .

Thanks for any ideas you might have.
--

<*> O- <URL: http://www.purl.org/NET/lvirden/>

1. Looking for problem tracking software

I'm looking for software (should run on Sun IPX's, SunOS 4.1.x) to track
system problems as reported by users -- something like a bug tracking
tool, but for sysadmin types of problems.  We'd like to keep track of
who reported a problem & when, who's currently working on it, the
status (in progress, closed, etc.), what the problem is, updates entered
by  whoever's working on the problem, and other similar info.  A nice
GUI would be a definite plus, as would the ability to customize the
database/forms/reports.

If you know of anything that fits this description, commercial or not,
please let me know.  I'm getting a demo of CA-Unicenter from Computer
Associates, hoping that we can just use the pieces we like, but I
haven't seen anything else that looks even close to what we want.  Please
email, I'll summarize & all that.

--tab

--

    "We're all just rats running long lost races..."

2. webserver pre or post firewall

3. Looking for problem reporting/tracking software

4. Voxware: Playing and recording at the same time?

5. Look for CSR tracking software

6. Will a SB 64 PCI work in redhat 6?

7. Looking for software to LOG & SEARCH changes to hardware or software.

8. Matrox Millenium II and Linux

9. Looking for solution on Software Distribution and Version control

10. I'm looking for software version firewall under Solaris.

11. WANTED -- Problem tracking software

12. Inventory Tracking Software needed