mysql++ api--Resource temporarily unavailable

mysql++ api--Resource temporarily unavailable

Post by Aaron Prillama » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 06:38:07

I'm writing a c++ program to run a query on a mysql database, and I seem
to be running out of some resource.  Here's the code that throws the error:

        Connection db("db");
        Query qry = db.query();
        Result usr;

        qry << "SELECT * FROM Users WHERE user_id = '" << uname <<
        " AND password = '" << pwd << "' AND type = " << type;

        usr = qry.store();//this is the line that has problems

Earlier in the program I've run functions on other tables that seem to
be working fine, but when the program reaches this point it always
throws an exception.  I've looked through the api documentation, but
can't find any information on what's happening here.  My system is
freebsd 4.7.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

Post by Aaron Prillama » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 08:40:45

> I'm writing a c++ program to run a query on a mysql database, and I seem
> to be running out of some resource.  Here's the code that throws the error:

>     Connection db("db");
>     Query qry = db.query();
>     Result usr;

>     qry << "SELECT * FROM Users WHERE user_id = '" << uname <<
>     " AND password = '" << pwd << "' AND type = " << type;

>     usr = qry.store();//this is the line that has problems

> Earlier in the program I've run functions on other tables that seem to
> be working fine, but when the program reaches this point it always
> throws an exception.  I've looked through the api documentation, but
> can't find any information on what's happening here.  My system is
> freebsd 4.7.

> Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

oops.. user_id should be 'user_name'
sorry