programming books

Post by Michael Grabenste » Thu, 31 Dec 1992 03:41:20

        I am looking for some recommended titles of programming
books. I need to learn BSD Sockets, IOCTL calls, IPC, Semaphores, shared
memory and other advanced topics in 'C' programming on UNIX. (all on
the same "level" as sockets and IOCTL)

        Please, e-mail, Thanks :-) I could summarize my findings, if
there was enough encouragment.

Take care,
        Mike

=-=-=-=-====-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=
Std. Disclaimers...
Def. Universe -- The largest known Fractal.
                        --Personal Theory

Froehliche Weihnachten und ein glueckliches neues Jahr!

1. O' Reilly open-books Motif programming books...

http://www.motifzone.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=161

Interesting.  Now, one can freely download the troff source of these
books.  All of a sudden, Motif is open.  I personally think it's an
interesting toolkit.  It seems to have an interesting balance of old
school/new school X.  I like it.  Microsoft likes it, too, having copied
some GUI elements from Motif for Windows.

2. ###### GET YOUR PentiumII-366 FOR ONLY $9.99 #######;lkgh 'io609iog r095' f'o

3. New Solaris programming book - soliciting subject ideas

4. socket TCP

5. Recommendation for thread programming book?

6. fido

7. Good Linux programming book

8. AGP + Linux = ?

9. Good shell programming book?

10. C SHELL PROGRAMMING BOOKS & MANUALS

11. UNIX PROGRAMMING BOOKS

12. Wanted: opinions in UNIX programming books' table of contents

13. A GOOD Network Programming Book ???