Timer

Post by Mun C Wo » Fri, 08 Mar 1991 03:01:23

Does anybody know how to write a proper background timer program that
displays the current time on the upper-right corner of screen like
exists in DOS ? I tried it out but after upating the time , the cursor
doesn't return to where it should be . Is there a way to solve this
problem ? Note that I didn't implement the second-by-second updating
method but pass a command line argument integer so as this amount if
time elapses , only should the new time be written . I wonder is there
an efficient way of doing every-second updating while it doesn't
draws too much iritation to the foreground work ?

- wong

Timer

Post by Tom Christians » Sat, 09 Mar 1991 22:25:32

:Does anybody know how to write a proper background timer program that
:displays the current time on the upper-right corner of screen like
:exists in DOS ?

How about lower corner?  Use sysline.

--tom