I just received my R4 CD in the mail (hey, it only took 6 weeks, but at
least its here :o) )...
In a nut shell I can't get it to install on my Power Tower Pro 225 (IMS
With bootvars (1.3) I setup the boot-device to be fd:installer.coff,
input-device=kbd, output-device=screen, click write and save, then yes,
machine reboots OF kicks in - Happiness and joy? _erm_ sorta...
I've hooked a console up to modem port and can see what going on during
the boot process, and here's what happens;
- OF finds the installer.coff image on fd - this is good.
- installer.coff image loads and then bombs when it comes to sending a
(oh yeah, its seems to have correctly identified the IMS/4MB card ok).
...no problem I say to myself, I'll change the out-device to be ttya,
keep the input-device as kbd and proceed from there.
[PRAM is Zapped]
MacOS is once again lives, bootvars are open and being played with to
meet the aforementioned params, write & reboot, yes, machines reboots,
OF kicks in - Happiness and Joy? _erm_ no :o (
- just as before, output-device reverts to 'screen' ! ..what's up with
Consequently boot process hangs in the same place. Either Bootvars is
on krack and not saving params the way it should, or I've got a
installer.coff image with a "I want my environment this way or else"
[PRAM is Zapped once again] - > MacOS
Bootvars - > autoboot disabled, W&S, Y, machines reboots OF prompt
:o ) (no it didn't smile).
Same results as before!! ...OF boot params are being ignored or
overwritten by the installer.
Has anyone else out there experienced similar issues to this? ...if so
how did you get around it?
I've tried passing different vmode params with Bootvars but they to are
Thanks in advance,
"Reality creates virtual existence...
virtual existence in itself becomes a reality".
2. top prb
3. vmlinux.coff / installer.coff?
4. biff needed
5. COFF is not IBCS (or why won't my COFF executables run)
6. This Is Badass!!!!!!
7. passwdexpire subroutine
8. X on PCD-5ND-Laptop?
9. In search of Solaris 2.5 Netscape Navigator 3.0 plug ins
10. Need HELP to Log User Log-ins form the internet
11. Apache::StatINC and re-exporting exported subroutines
12. Suse 7.0; Yast2, kinternet, rc.dialout und ich komme nicht ins Internet
13. csh and user functions or subroutines