Flushing Socket Read/Write Buffers

Post by Derrick Mos » Sat, 04 Nov 1995 04:00:00

    I've been working on a server program and I'm having some difficulty
figuring out how to flush the read/write buffers for my socket
connections.  Currently the buffers only seem to be flushed when I sent a
line feed character, but I want to send text which is not necessarily
terminated my a line feed.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Derrick Moser
2A Computer Engineering
University of Waterloo

1. Flushing the read and write buffers

If I were to change a file on the disk from the hardware side (custom
piece of hardware) how can I let the kernel know the that information
has changed. sync does not seem to work since, I think, it only flushes
the write buffers.

tia.

Nico Thirion

2. DOSEmu help

3. Sockets: write() writes OK, yet read() reads garbage...?

4. S3 and AT2500 for Solaris 7

5. read/write buffering with sockets

6. Gentoo, Konqueror and plugins

7. A simple link,write buffer is full and read buffer is empty.

8. KDE setup or configuration file

9. How to flush write buffer ?

10. How to flush UDP socket buffer?

11. How to flush socket buffer?