MAX SOCKET QUEUE SIZE

Post by A.Lab » Thu, 25 Jul 1996 04:00:00

        I open a socket to receive requests.
        Is there a maximum size ( beyond which messages are lost )
        of the reception queue associated with a socket

Thank you.

  A. LABED

MAX SOCKET QUEUE SIZE

Post by Thomas Porn » Thu, 25 Jul 1996 04:00:00

>    I open a socket to receive requests.
>    Is there a maximum size ( beyond which messages are lost )
>    of the reception queue associated with a socket

The listen (2) system call lets you specify how many connections can be
stored in the queue. Others will get en error until the connection requests
are treated.

This number is often limited by the OS; a typical value is 5.

Also, you need a file descriptor for each connection; there can be a shortage
there.

--
Thomas *in

1. About IPC, max size of message and queue

Dear,
    Now I'm coding a program that use in my job and use message queue
for communication data. I ran 'ipcs -l' command :

This's result.

------ Messages: Limits --------
max queues system wide = 128
max size of message (bytes) = 4056
default max size of queue (bytes) = 16384

I'd like to know each number what's it mean ? And can I change them ?
Or where can I get this detail ?
Because I fear size of my structure of message is over max size of
message.

Thanks for your help.
Kritsada Poolwan.

2. crontab with .profile

3. msgctl & Max Message Queue Size

4. ATI Mach64 Setup??

5. Unix Sockets - Max Buffer Size

6. pppd ????

7. socket queue size

8. Knode -- saving articles

9. UNIX Domain Datagram Sockets - Receive Queue Size?

10. UNIX Domain Datagram Socket:Receive Queue Size?

11. How to get the socket queue size

12. Socket queue size