Need good books on Advanced UNIX programming, Standard Unix C APIs

Need good books on Advanced UNIX programming, Standard Unix C APIs

Post by J. Scott Sanba » Mon, 23 Jul 2001 07:36:31

I have the need to learn advanced UNIX programming topics like
multi-threaded applications programming, driver writing and systems
programming.  I will just be using C (ie, gcc, cc).  A good treatment of the
standard Unix C api's would be good as well.  Does anybody have any
favorites or suggestions?

Thanks ... Scott

Need good books on Advanced UNIX programming, Standard Unix C APIs

Post by Jan Schauma » Mon, 23 Jul 2001 09:02:41

Quote:>  I have the need to learn advanced UNIX programming topics like
>  multi-threaded applications programming, driver writing and systems
>  programming.  I will just be using C (ie, gcc, cc).  A good treatment of the
>  standard Unix C api's would be good as well.  Does anybody have any
>  favorites or suggestions?

"Advanced Programming in the UNIX Environment" by Stevens.

-Jan

--
Jan Schaumann <http://www.netmeister.org>

"Ford," he said, "you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."

1. Looking for good book on advanced unix programming

I'm looking for some good books on advanced Unix programming. Does
anyone know any. I've started programming on a HP-UX 10.20 system
recently so I'd like to dig into the more advanced features of
programming on these systems.
This would include stuff like mmap(), using semaphores and signalling.

2. boot Linux from DVD-Ram

3. Need a good Unix Programming book

4. Linux & Sony 55E

5. Any Good Book(s) about [Advance] "C" on Unix ?

6. Sync iptables-rulesets

7. compiling examples from stevens 'advanced programming in unix' book.

8. IDE disk drive timeout (promise 4030)

9. Advanced Unix Programming Book

10. Advanced UNIX Programming Book?

11. Problem with Stevens book: Advanced Programming in the UNIX Environment

12. Unix Programming: good reference books?

13. What's a good book to start some unix programming?