MMAP Question

Post by Rodrigo Augusto B. Ferreir » Mon, 23 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

are mmap/munmap linux C-calls threadsafe?

Regards,
Rodrigo Augusto.

--
Rodrigo Augusto B. Ferreira
Computer Science Graduate, UFMG/BRAZIL

1. mmap question

Is it possible to "mmap" the physical memory space beyond the end of RAM?

We are considering running Linux on a VME-based i486 board (basically a
single board PC).  The VME bus is mapped into the physical address space
starting at 0xfc000000.  I'd like to know if we can access this space from
within Linux.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

--
Mike Kenney

2. Telnet and FTP thru NT Proxy

3. mmap question.

4. /etc/system questions

5. New List of Microsoft Antitrust Allegations Makes The Rounds

6. mmap question

7. cannot activate eth0 (3c59x) in Red Hat 8.0, worked during installation, and on windows partition

8. SunOS 4.1.* mmap() question

9. simple mmap question

10. mmap question