mpatrol,libbfd and missing symbols (xexit,htab_create,xstrerror)

mpatrol,libbfd and missing symbols (xexit,htab_create,xstrerror)

Post by Thaddeus L Olcz » Tue, 02 Apr 2002 17:28:07

OS: Mandrake 8.1
Compiler: Hand built ( passes the lions share of tests ) gcc-3.0.4.

I'm having a problem linking mpatrol into an application. I need to
link in libbfd and libbfd seems to have problems with missing symbols.

Some of them are:
concat
xstrerror
xexit
objalloc_create
hex_init
htab_find_slot_with_hash
_objalloc_alloc
_hex_value
objalloc_free_block
objalloc_free
htab_create
htab_delete

can't figure out where to get the symbols ( which library ) or if I
need to rebuild libbfd with the 3.0.4 compiler.

Can anyone help?

mpatrol,libbfd and missing symbols (xexit,htab_create,xstrerror)

Post by Jesse Marli » Fri, 12 Apr 2002 05:39:29

Quote:> OS: Mandrake 8.1
> Compiler: Hand built ( passes the lions share of tests ) gcc-3.0.4.

> I'm having a problem linking mpatrol into an application. I need to
> link in libbfd and libbfd seems to have problems with missing symbols.

The link order is something like this:

-lmpatrol -lbfd -liberty

bfd must come before iberty.

Quote: