Where can I get UNIX system source code?

Post by Marc WANDSCHNEID » Tue, 07 Dec 1993 23:52:45

>>Hi, world,

>>I would like to get a complete set of UNIX system source code,
>>is it freely available somewhere?

>Well, real UNIX(TM) source code is proprietary, and it is definately _NOT_
>legal to distribute.

>However, Linux, a un*x clone is freely available, including source. Its a
>fairly complete implementation.

        People looking for BSD-like Operating system code
        might want to check out 4.3 Net/2 BSD, available from
        gatekeeper.dec.com:/pub/BSD I think.  There are also NetBSD
        and FreeBSD, which are both working ports of this
        available from sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu and freebsd.cdrom.com
        resp.

                                                Marc 'em.

Marc Wandschneider                                          Seattle, WA
Barney the Dinosaur sings! You faint... Barney sings!  Barney sings! --More--
You Die... --More--

Post by Dongxiao Y » Tue, 07 Dec 1993 11:57:12

Hi, world,

I would like to get a complete set of UNIX system source code,
is it freely available somewhere?

Thank you.

D. Yue

Post by Frank Lofa » Tue, 07 Dec 1993 16:19:03

>Hi, world,

>I would like to get a complete set of UNIX system source code,
>is it freely available somewhere?

>Thank you.

>D. Yue

Well, real UNIX(TM) source code is proprietary, and it is definately _NOT_
legal to distribute.

However, Linux, a un*x clone is freely available, including source. Its a
fairly complete implementation.

Check ftp at sunsite.unc.edu:/pub/OS/Linux

I hope this helps.

Where can I get UNIX system source code?

Post by Superuser - Rashid Karim » Wed, 08 Dec 1993 17:13:35

        Hi !

: Hi, world,

: I would like to get a complete set of UNIX system source code,
: is it freely available somewhere?

        The sources of AT&T Unix are under strict lisence , which costs
        much enough to be obtained  by a man ...
        But there are BSDish Unices, & most  of them comes with sources.
        Free sources :)

        SY
        Rashid

Where can I get UNIX system source code?

Post by David Brenem » Sat, 18 Dec 1993 08:57:13

: >Hi, world,
: >

:
: Well, real UNIX(TM) source code is proprietary, and it is definately _NOT_
: legal to distribute.

Sure it is!  You just have to pay a lot of money to USL^H^H^HNovell to
get a license for it.

: However, Linux, a un*x clone is freely available, including source. Its a
: fairly complete implementation.
:
: Check ftp at sunsite.unc.edu:/pub/OS/Linux
:
: I hope this helps.

But remember, "Linux Is Not Unix, 'Xactly".

--

System Administrator,                 Voice: 206 881-7544  Fax: 206 556-8033
Software Engineering Services

1. cgi scripts not getting executed, only the source code gets displayed

Hi
I'm using Apache1.3.14 on solaris.
I'm trying to allow each of my user-directories to have a cgi-bin directory.
So I placed the cgi-bin directory underneath the public_html directory. I
added the following code to my httpd.conf

AddHandler cgi-script .cgi

<Directory /home/*/public_html/cgi-bin>
Options ExecCGI
SetHandler cgi-script
</Directory>

I've saved the cgi-file under ~user/public_html/cgi-bin/<cgi-filename>

When I try running it from the browser, I see the source code, rather than
seeing the cgi script being executed.

Whats possibly wrong with the configuration?

Thanks
Akshay

2. open TCP ports

3. W: Source Code for "UNIX System V Network Programming, Stephen A. Rago

4. free XTACACS or TACACS+ ?

5. maintaining UNIX system source code

6. gcc,g++ binaries for SCO

7. CFS 1.1.2 Unix encrypting file system source code available (free)

8. forwarding Netbeui packets

9. CFS 1.0.4 Unix Cryptographic File System source code now available

10. need source code for pipe system call for linux or unix or xinu.

11. where can I find source code for Unix System Programming Using C++ by Terrance Chan

12. Any Canned Class code?

13. learning unix programming by studying unix source code ?