Async Communications with SCO UNIX System V R3.2 Ver 4.0

Async Communications with SCO UNIX System V R3.2 Ver 4.0

Post by rri0.. » Sun, 04 Dec 1994 01:44:59

Sure could use some help on a problem I'm having on some 486 type machines.

I wrote a 'C' program which simply transfers a file to a host catcher using
ZMODEM protocol and the problem I run into is different types failures on
different types of machines.

My initial problem was with a Advance Logic Research 486 machine that would
give me a memory core dump error when I attempt to start communications
without modem string commands defined, did not have this problem on a
Gateway 2000 486 machine. When I defined modem commands the error was
no more.

The next problem is with actual communications on the ALR. I never had
success transmitting a 200K file, a smaller would work but only if the modems
sync up in compressed mode. The other thing I noticed on the ALR was the
modem connect response result is never consistent, sometimes I connect at
2400 or plain 1200 or 2400 reliable compress or just 2400 reliable.

The problems I mentioned above have not occurred on the Gateway 2000, works
every time.

The real problem is getting to the ALR long enough to debug the code which is
why I'm calling for help. Maybe someone has run into problems like mine and
knows the secret.

Is there a compile or link option I should try ?

Is there a OS trick I should do in regard to the serial port prior to a port open ?

Do I have to worry about different versions and releases of SCO UNIX ?

Does someone have example code of basic async/modem communications I can
look at ?

Thanks, Jimmy.

1. Async Communications with SCO UNIX System V R3.2 Ver 4.0

[...]

2. Art's Linux for Newbies FAQ

3. SZ/RZ:Wanted - binaries for SCO 3.2 ver 4.0

4. Printing to a Canon ir3300 pcl5e through samba and cups

5. APACHE on SCO SysV Rel 3.2 Ver 4.0

6. Limiting Allocated Disk Space

7. Which HDD > 2Gb will work under SCO UNIX R3.2V4.2 ?

8. Linux won't recognize CDROM

9. Need info on SCO Unix R3.2V4.2

10. Problems with SCO Unix R3.2v2 and Arnet Smartport

11. Socket library needed for SCO System V/386 R3.2

12. Linux user needs help with SCO-Unix Sys5-R3.2 setup

13. Help: Setup Slip or PPP on SCO Unix R3.2