kill a "/bin/sh -c foo bar"

Post by Sebastian Wilhelm » Fri, 27 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

I've forke'd and execve'd a "/bin/sh -c foo bar" command. Now I want to
be able to kill all of this. And I want to kill it with SIGHUP, SIGINT
or SIGQUIT.

So I set up a process group, a session leader, detached the terminal,
but I am still unable to kill those processes with the signals 1,2,3.

Obviously the shell is catching them. Is there a way to prevent this?
(other, than writing my own shell...)

Thanks very much

Regards
Sebastian
--
| Sebastian Wilhelmi, Institut fuer Rechnerentwurf und Fehlertoleranz, |

+----------------> http://goethe.ira.uka.de/~wilhelmi <----------------+