1. How to receive UDP and ICMP packet using one UDP socket, (Path MTUD)
Can we configure one socket to receive two different protocols packet.
Like how can we made a UDP socket to receive udp as well as icmp
Actually I am implementing Path MTUD, so for that I sent some udp
probs to destination host, now I want that the same socket at client
side must be able to receive both udp response and icmp error
messages(like host unreachable, port unreachable etc).
Another approach is that, we will use two sockets for both source and
destination, form source we will send udp probs(through udp socket)
while at destination host, after receiving that prob(through udp
socket), application will make an icmp packet and sent it back to the
source host (using ICMP socket). And here at source host, that message
and other icmp error messages will be received by icmp socket.
But this approch dosen't look efficient to me, what u people say? If
Any one has another approch plz let me know.
Eagerly waiting for some +ve pings.
2. DLT VS AIT TAPES
3. Performance IPC vs socket UDP/IP on Linux
4. Driven crazy by TZ and Outlook express on SCO
5. Server design using sockets & IPC
6. Adaptec aha152x driver problem
7. aplication to receive [ethernet|IP|UDP] and [ethernet|ppp|IP|UDP] packages over socket
8. IBM 5250 Emulation over TCP/IP??
9. application to receive ethernet|IP|UDP a ethernet|ppp|IP|UDP packages over socket
10. How to get the destination IP using UDP socket
11. UDP source port number when using RAW socket??
12. Using UDP sockets in embedded Linux
13. socket programming using udp