Need telnet source code (or ideas)...

Post by Tim W Rice - Personal Accou » Sat, 04 Feb 1995 08:33:36

Hi,

I am looking for source code for telnet if it's available.  Could
someone point me to it, or send it me, please.

I want to execute commands from a file on a remote system and have
that system's output to stdout/stderr redirected to a file on the
local system.  I would use remsh (Rsh), except that my remote system
requires a port number when I'm telneting to it and remsh won't handle
that.  So if you have ideas on how I can do this without mucking
around in the telnet code, I would be interested to hear them.

thanks,
den Drown

Need telnet source code (or ideas)...

Post by Michael Bresnah » Mon, 06 Feb 1995 03:04:40

Quote:>Hi,

>I am looking for source code for telnet if it's available.  Could
>someone point me to it, or send it me, please.

>I want to execute commands from a file on a remote system and have
>that system's output to stdout/stderr redirected to a file on the
>local system.  I would use remsh (Rsh), except that my remote system
>requires a port number when I'm telneting to it and remsh won't handle
>that.  So if you have ideas on how I can do this without mucking
>around in the telnet code, I would be interested to hear them.

remsh should do exactly what you are trying to do.  It doesn't take a
port number as an argument because that wouldn't make any sense.  It
always connects to the same port, namely the port rexecd is running
on.  rexecd must be running on the remote system for remsh to work.
What platforms are the client and server?

MikeB

Post by Tracy M Nels » Fri, 10 Feb 1995 07:05:29

-- I want to execute commands from a file on a remote system and have
-- that system's output to stdout/stderr redirected to a file on the
-- local system.  I would use remsh (Rsh), except that my remote system
-- requires a port number when I'm telneting to it and remsh won't handle
-- that.  So if you have ideas on how I can do this without mucking
-- around in the telnet code, I would be interested to hear them.

You should be able to do this by attaching your telnet session to a pseudo-TTY
and controlling it through that.

--

// WARNING: May contain code which is too intense for young programmers...