Float conversion routines from VMS to UNIX

Float conversion routines from VMS to UNIX

Post by Scott Boothb » Thu, 20 Apr 1995 04:00:00

Sorry,

-Scott Boothby

Float conversion routines from VMS to UNIX

Post by Scott Boothb » Thu, 20 Apr 1995 04:00:00

Hello again,

        To clear up any confusion which might have arisen from my previous
postings, I should state that I have existing, irreproducible DEC VMS binary
format files which contain DEC VMS format types float and double.  I need an
ANSI C function which will convert these float/double types from DEC VMS
floating point format to the IEEE standard floating point format used on
(most/all?) UNIX systems.
        Unfortunately, I do not have the luxury of running any conversion
programs on the VMS side, since the processing for these files must be done
strictly on the UNIX platform.  Sorry if there has been any confusion.

Scott A. Boothby
Software Engineer
Corporate Computer Integrated Manufacturing
National Semiconductor
South Portland, Maine U.S.A.

Float conversion routines from VMS to UNIX

Post by Scott Boothb » Thu, 20 Apr 1995 04:00:00

Hello everyone,

        I am looking for ANSI C source code that will convert the data types
float and/or double from VMS to UNIX format.  Please send all responses to the
email address below.  Thanks in advance.

Scott A. Boothby
Software Engineer
Corporate Computer Integrated Manufacturing
National Semiconductor
South Portland, Maine U.S.A.

1. Floating point conversion routines

We're porting SGI's STL to Comeau C++ under various platforms.
Some of the code uses the floating point conversion routines,
stuff normally by the name of _ecvt, ecvt, fcvt, and so on.
Where are those routines, or their equivalents, under FreeBSD?

- Greg
--
Comeau Computing / Comeau C/C++ "so close" 4.2.44 betas NOW AVAILABLE
TRY Comeau C++ ONLINE at http://www.comeaucomputing.com/tryitout

2. printf source

3. vms float -> ieee float

4. auto_direct map in NIS+

5. Conversion of Vax float to Sun float

6. EDITORS: Desktop publishing WYSIWYG under Linux?

7. VM/CMS float conversion to IEEE float for AIX?

8. Does Linux support this hardware?

9. Conversion of files from VMS to UNIX

10. VMS binary to Unix binary conversion

11. VMS DCL to Unix SH conversion utility

12. VMS to UNIX data conversion