Ultrix/mips

Post by Dmitriy Reznitski » Thu, 20 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Hello, All.

is here anyone who is using Ultrix 4.?/mips?

Dmitriy
In case you don't know my private e-mail, use, plz dmr(at)miem.edu.ru

1. working MMAP in Ultrix/MIPS

Is there anybody who knows how to use mmap() on the DECstation ?
I disassembled the corresponding kernel function (smmap) and found it
to do reasonable checks (file opened, permissions ok, at least one of
MAP_SHARED or MAP_FIXED set (why ?) and addr multiple of pagesize).

But I didn't have much luck when trying to use mmap. Most times mmap()
returns 'EINVAL', but as 'root' I got beyond these tests and got as far as
'EACCESS' or 'ENODEV' :-).
(If you consider how much work disassembling the kernel is, that's very far.)

Anyway, I compared the Ultrix code to my BSD 4.3 sources and found them
to be quite different.

Is there somebody who got mmap working ?
Is there anybody with Ultrix sources who would look into 'kern_mman.c'
to find out what's supposed to work ?
(I'm not asking for source code, it would be sufficient to know why I always
get EINVAL (except as root) and wether there's a workaround.)

Why do I have to buy a Sun to use features like mmap() ? :-( :-(
Hmmm, you say I don't have to ? :-)

Thanks in advance,

Stefan
--
 Stefan Esser,  Institute of Nuclear Physics,  University of Cologne,  Germany

2. pthread crashing on RH 5.1?!

3. modem connection between ultrix(MIPS) and UNIX(sunsparc2)

4. Y2K patches for 4.1.3U1B and 4.1.4

5. modem connection between ultrix(MIPS) and unix(SUN sparc2)

6. TCPDump

7. Compiling term107 on MIPS (Ultrix)

8. Question about ttys

9. MIPS-ultrix-> freeBSD install? POST Y2K

10. MIPS-ultrix-> NetBSD install? POST Y2K

11. Q: Error building a cross compiler for mips-mips-linux

12. RS/6000: SPECS,MIPS,VUPS... ???????

13. LTT for 2.5.44 9/10: MIPS trace support