porting dos application to unix

Post by Ming Feng G » Sat, 02 Aug 1997 04:00:00

i have a dos application which uses graphical mode to generate graphical
objects. how can i make it work under unix terminal emulator. is there any
library in unix which does the same thing as dos graphical lib. i don't
want to bother turning it into an x-window application.
any suggestions, thanks for attention.

1. porting a dos application with relative paths

Hi,

I'd like to port a dos app to linux. Unfortunately my ANSI C source is
full of
#include "..\..\xxyy\header.h" statements and on top of that it does
lot's of
file handling with relative paths,  like
"..\\..\\zzxx\\aabb\\input.txt".

What is the best way for handling this, remembering that I still need to
be able
to compile the stuff also under dos?

I could do:
#ifdef __unix__
   #include "../../xxyy/header.h"
#else
  #include "..\..\xxyy\header.h"
#endif
, but somehow I don't like the idea of going through all the code.
Any usefull scripts available or maybe a gcc option?

Klaus Niiranen

2. System panic after access to defect floppy

3. How can a unix process start a DOS-application ?

4. Does linux support parallel port tape-systems?

5. Percentages of Unix & DOS programmers for types of applications

6. DOH!! 2

7. DOS applications under UNIX

8. New Kernel Question

9. EXCHANGING OPTICAL DISKS : DOS to UNIX / UNIX to DOS

10. Help with UNIX running DOS application...

11. Porting a Win32 application to unix

12. Help for Porting Application from Unix To Windows NT !!

13. Porting applications from Unix to NT...