Multi-threading error

Post by Ja U » Mon, 04 Dec 1995 04:00:00

I am writing a multi-threaded program under Unix Solaris. The program
creates multiple threads ( each which forks a child process) using
thr_create(). The parent thread waits for the child thread (using thr_join)
before creating any more threads. But I am getting a
free_stack: munmap Invalid argument error when new threads are created.
Is the stack_size argument in thr_create() to small or is this a memory
problem within the program ?

Thanks in advance,

                          Ja Uhm

Multi-threading error

Post by Bill Baldwi » Wed, 06 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Quote:> I am writing a multi-threaded program under Unix Solaris. The program
> creates multiple threads ( each which forks a child process) using
> thr_create(). The parent thread waits for the child thread (using thr_join)
> before creating any more threads. But I am getting a
> free_stack: munmap Invalid argument error when new threads are created.
> Is the stack_size argument in thr_create() to small or is this a memory
> problem within the program ?

> Thanks in advance,

>                           Ja Uhm

It depends...What does your call to thr_create() look like ?  Are
supplying values for the stack base and stack size or are you
specifying thr_min_stack ?  Need more info.  Also consider reading and
posting to comp.programming.threads.

++Luck
-bill

Fortune of the Day:
... The prejudices people feel about each other disappear when then get
to know each other.
                -- Kirk, "Elaan of Troyius", stardate 4372.5

1. ? multi home + multi cgi, multi email, multi log, multi support

Is there any httpd package that could do not only multi web-home
setup, but also
        email for multi-doamin-names with their own domain-name;
        store log files for each domain-name in their own location;
        setup cgi-bin for each domain-name to have their own directory;
        support autherization and configuration for their own home
?

Does Netscape do that, OpenMarket do that, Or otehrs?

Thanks,

zhao

2. Q: FAQ for this group?

3. Multi-threading book

4. AIX and SysV shared mem, etc.

5. Is there support for multi-threading?

6. Linux Frequently Asked Questions with Answers (Part 6 of 6)

7. What's Multi-threading ?

8. Starting Mail in my Linux Box.. (Help....)

9. Solaris multi-threaded and multi-processor programming tools

10. 108528-16 v 108528-20 (cpio multi-threading)?

11. Multi-threading in unix applications

12. OpenMP multi-threading interest for Linux?

13. Design of a server: multi-threaded or multi-processes?