Example Programs using the Parallel/Serial Port (Linux)

Example Programs using the Parallel/Serial Port (Linux)

Post by vaugh.. » Mon, 01 May 2000 04:00:00

Are there any websites tutorials that
go over how to program the parallel
or serial port under linux?

Any books that anyone could recommend?

I would like to write a small program to
control a number of halogen lamps. Have
to them go on/off randomly etc.

thank you,

vaughn

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by Manfred Bart » Tue, 02 May 2000 04:00:00

> Are there any websites tutorials that
> go over how to program the parallel
> or serial port under linux?

There is the ``Linux I/O port programming mini-HOWTO''.
  <http://metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/mini/IO-Port-Programming>

HTH
--
Manfred Bartz

Post by Bernard Chandle » Tue, 09 May 2000 04:00:00

> Are there any websites tutorials that
> go over how to program the parallel
> or serial port under linux?

> Any books that anyone could recommend?

> I would like to write a small program to
> control a number of halogen lamps. Have
> to them go on/off randomly etc.

> thank you,

> vaughn

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

This book has worked in several unix environments:
C Programmer's Guide to Serial Communications
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0672302861/webviator/002-74917...

here is one with a cd of samples
Serial Communications Developer's Guide
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0764545701/webviatro/002-74917...

Programming the Parallel Port
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0879305134/webviator/002-74917...

4. Configuring the Serial Port
http://erinaceus.answare.sulinet.hu/doc/HOWTO/other-formats/html/Mode...

--
Bernie Chandler
http://www.nationwide.net/~bernie

1. Parallel Port programming question, was "Serial Port Programming"

All right, it was a unanaimous response to use the parallel port instead of
the serial port to twiddle pins on a IO port.  Anyone have a quick snipit
of code or direction to go.  I have the IOport programming howto which shows
how to set up port to be talked to, but does not explain how to exactly
talk to the port itself.  Any help would be appreciated.
| Andrew F. Nelson      Computer Science                                |

| Title:                WWW Administrator / Systems Staff               |
|                       Computer Science and Institute of Technology    |
| "Murphy's Law isn't just a saying, it is a way of life!"              |

2. ad.doubleclick.net

3. Using a parallel port as a serial port

4. "attempt to access beyond end of device"

5. Parallel port programming (was Game port programming)

6. extracting majordomo with tar

7. Wanted: example of programming serial port

8. 2.4.6-pre9 lockup

9. Example of serial port programing...

10. Looking for programming example in C to access serial port on a unix system

11. Programming the serial and parallel ports.

12. info required:programming serial and parallel ports

13. serial/parallel port programming