What diff. between raw mode and cbreak mode

What diff. between raw mode and cbreak mode

Post by Pand » Sat, 03 May 2003 00:42:24

thx~

What diff. between raw mode and cbreak mode

Post by Michael Kerris » Sat, 03 May 2003 12:23:30

With raw mode, the terminal driver does absolutely nothing to the
bytes poassed between the terminal and the host.

With cbreak mode, various special processing is performed:

-signal generating characters are interpreted (^C=SIGINT, etc)
-^S/^Q (START/STOP) are interpreted
- avrious other input / output processing may occur, depending on the
setting of various flags.

Cheers

Michael

1. raw mode vs cooked mode

Hello,

I would like to write a program which will get characters from the terminal
in "raw" mode. The default is "cooked" mode. Can someone point me in the
right direction? I am using a Sun Workstation running UNIX 4.2 BSD.

Many thanks in advance.

2. new mail from "Cron"

3. KDE3 konqueror not printing colours.

4. stty raw </dev/tty1fails to set raw mode

5. X tool kit choice?

6. CBREAK mode, etc.: Questions

7. how to unload device driver when device is busy

8. Delay of four characters using CBREAK mode on RS/6000

9. telnet client, cbreak mode

10. tty - cbreak mode

11. Equivalent of BSD Cbreak mode in POSIX line discipline?

12. cbreak mode