Source code for simple node-locked licensing mechanism?

Source code for simple node-locked licensing mechanism?

Post by Sean P. Bur » Wed, 19 Mar 2003 03:47:52

Hi,

I want to deliver an application on linux with a simple node-locked
license. I'm thinking of something that bundles up the MAC address,
a start and stop date, customer identity, etc, in a text file along
with an MD5 signature that is protected by public key encryption.

I don't want to reinvent the wheel, so if someone else has done this
and is willing to share the code, I would be grateful.

By the way, I know that it is easy to change a MAC address, so I
have no illusions about the security of this method. I just want to
discourage casual or unintentional piracy.

-SEan