IPC Problem?

Post by David R Maz » Tue, 20 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

I have the following problem using SunOS 4.1.3 (BSD).

I have two separate processes.  Let's call them A and B.
Both processes spawn other processes and use fifos to
communicate with their respecitve parent.   I am
seeing process B hang in a write system call to a fifo
which is read by one of process B's spawned processes.

When I kill process A (and all of its spawned processes),
the fifo write in process B resumes.

I am not sure what the problem is.  Just for more info,
all of the fifo names are unique and several of the spawned
processes (of both A & B) do terminal io (from the keyboard and console)
using the standard unix read and write system calls.

Thanks in advance,

Dave Mazik

1. IPC: Problems using Shared Memory

Hi,
I tried to sys_shmget and then sys_shmat in kernel, size of 4k, but
couldn't read things I wrote in. I created a second shared memory
segment of same size, but  the ipcs output shows that the address
of the second is just one greater than the first, not 4k.
I want to exchange data with user-space, I used the same key, but
can' t get data I wrote there in kernel-space. (In userspace exchange
with shared memory works.)  ....?

Which file do I have to include to use sys_clone?

Where can I get more information on how to use IPC(shared memory,
semaphores) in the kernel?

Thanks,

        Guido

2. compiling woes

3. SunSparc Station IPC Problem.

4. Can't get "set filec" to work on new account

5. YPBIND 2.2 failing (kernel IPC problem?)

6. floppy boot grr

7. IPC Problem under OSE 5.0

8. No process cleanup after a core in 2.2.9

9. IPC problem

10. Sparc IPC problems

11. IPC problem

12. tricky IPC problem

13. SYS V IPC, how does "ipcs" get list of existing IPC structures