Telnet Client API Anyone?

Post by Steven Plat » Thu, 18 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I'm looking for a Telnet client API. I've got the GNU inetutils package
which contains a Telnet client and I've considered hacking it into an
API, but it seems to come with an awful lot of baggage. Can anyone
recommend an existing API?

Thanks,
Steve Platt

Telnet Client API Anyone?

Post by Klaus Schillin » Thu, 18 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> I'm looking for a Telnet client API. I've got the GNU inetutils package
> which contains a Telnet client and I've considered hacking it into an
> API, but it seems to come with an awful lot of baggage. Can anyone
> recommend an existing API?

Telnet is a complicated protocol, specified in dozens of RFCs, thus it's
barely possible to do without lotsa baggage.
--
Klaus Schilling

Telnet Client API Anyone?

Post by Jeff Trawic » Fri, 19 Mar 1999 04:00:00

There is a telnet module for Perl.  Look at CPAN.  Maybe that would help?
--
Jeff Trawick