programming environment

Post by Riccardo Graziol » Wed, 24 Mar 1999 04:00:00

If anyone could recommend a good unix c++ programming environment (e.g.,
SNIFF+, but cheaper...) I would
be gratefull.

Riccardo

programming environment

Post by Klaus Schillin » Wed, 24 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> If anyone could recommend a good unix c++ programming environment (e.g.,

The GNU Emacs is the best possible programming environment, especially since
E.Ludlum's EDE mode.
--
Klaus Schilling

programming environment

Post by Harald Kirs » Wed, 24 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> If anyone could recommend a good unix c++ programming environment (e.g.,
> SNIFF+, but cheaper...) I would
> be gratefull.

A question like this triggers the canonical answer: (x)emacs.

Harald Kirsch
--
---------------------+------------------+--------------------------

              gegen Punktfilitis hilft nur `chmod u-w ~'

programming environment

Post by Rya » Thu, 25 Mar 1999 04:00:00

On Tue, 23 Mar 1999 17:35:23 +0100, Riccardo Grazioli

>If anyone could recommend a good unix c++ programming environment (e.g.,
>SNIFF+, but cheaper...) I would
>be gratefull.

>Riccardo

I like VisualAge C++ version 4's new interface, but it is not ported
to many platforms.
Visual SlickEdit has an environment that is very similar to Visual C++
and is available for many platforms (www.slickedit.com, I think).
---------------------------------------
Remove nospam info if you must reply via e-mail.

programming environment

Post by Klaus Schillin » Fri, 26 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> On Tue, 23 Mar 1999 17:35:23 +0100, Riccardo Grazioli

> >If anyone could recommend a good unix c++ programming environment (e.g.,

> I like VisualAge C++ version 4's new interface, but it is not ported
> to many platforms.
> Visual SlickEdit has an environment that is very similar to Visual C++
> and is available for many platforms (www.slickedit.com, I think).

Vi$ual $ickedit and Vi$ualAge are clearly by all means inferior to the
GNU Emacs, the one and only righteous development environment, by the
best programmer of all times, Richard Mathew Stallman.
That's because of the source code availability and the powerful Lisp-based
macro language.
--
Klaus Schilling

programming environment

Post by Rya » Fri, 26 Mar 1999 04:00:00

On 25 Mar 1999 01:37:56 +0100, Klaus Schilling

>> On Tue, 23 Mar 1999 17:35:23 +0100, Riccardo Grazioli

>> >If anyone could recommend a good unix c++ programming environment (e.g.,

>> I like VisualAge C++ version 4's new interface, but it is not ported
>> to many platforms.
>> Visual SlickEdit has an environment that is very similar to Visual C++
>> and is available for many platforms (www.slickedit.com, I think).

>Vi$ual $ickedit and Vi$ualAge are clearly by all means inferior to the
>GNU Emacs, the one and only righteous development environment, by the
>best programmer of all times, Richard Mathew Stallman.
>That's because of the source code availability and the powerful Lisp-based
>macro language.

I find this interesting.  I make no attack on GNU Emacs (actually, I
avidly use GNU Emacs), but simply provide some alternative solutions.
The only cost factor indicated by the original poster was that it cost
less than Sniff+, as both SlickEdit and VisualAge do, to the best of
my knowledge.
Nevertheless, please accept my humble apology for providing an
alternate solution to the original poster's question.  I had no idea
it would make you so upset.

---------------------------------------
Remove nospam info if you must reply via e-mail.

1. pick script in The UNIX Programming Environment (The UNIX Programming Environment )

Hi.

In K&P 159p, there is program called pick.
as a exercise Kernighan and Pike said
"write new pick program reading in stdin but argumentes"

that is very difficult for me to write.
what make this exercise complicated is that there is no way to treat
input from stdin like input from arguments.

did anyone solve it?

2. lpr compiling error!

3. are there visual programming environments for linux?

4. new version for Panic book?

5. Emacs as a programming environment

6. pcmcia serial i/o card - cua2??

7. Need comments on integrated parallel programming environment

8. Printing with an HP Laser Jet 5MP

9. Summary : Network-oriented programing environment

10. Programming Environment Question

11. Fresco programming environment. which ?

12. Any programing environments for Linux? Suggestions Please.

13. advice for c++ programming environment