Determine umask of running process?

Post by James Youngma » Wed, 25 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Anybody know how to determine the umask of a running process under
AIX?

--

Determine umask of running process?

Post by Barry Margoli » Fri, 27 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Anybody know how to determine the umask of a running process under
>AIX?

Call umask() to change the umask.  It returns the old umask.  You can then
call it again to restore it.

(void) umask(cur_umask=umask(0));

Don't bother cc'ing followups to me.

1. Determine umask of running process (AIX)?

Is there any way to determine the umask of a running process under
AIX?  Apart from making it dump core, I mean.

getprocs() seemed likely but as far as I can see the returned
structs don't contain the umask.  The umask lives in (struct
user).U_cmask, but I can't see a way to read it. There seems to be
no PT_READ_U under AIX, either.

TIA.
--
All opinions expressed are solely those of the author and not of
Logica

2. 32 bit writes to VRAM

3. how to determine umask of a running process.

4. .htaccess does not work with Apache 1.3.6 on Suse 6.2

5. effective umask of running process?

6. POP3 client retrieving index list only

7. umask of a running process

8. Revolution 1.0 Cross platform IDE Launch

9. umask of running process

10. How to determine whether a PROCESS is running, by a SHELL program?

11. determine programatically if a process is running, without using "ps"

12. Determine if a process is running using a loop.

13. Determining Process Run Time