Good book on tty, pseudo tty, termio etc ?

Good book on tty, pseudo tty, termio etc ?

Post by Zixiong Wa » Tue, 05 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Hi,
        The suject says the question.

        Thanks for any information.

Zixiong WANG

Electricite de France

Post by Erik D. McWillia » Wed, 06 Sep 1995 04:00:00

>Hi,
>    The suject says the question.
>    Thanks for any information.
>Zixiong WANG

>Electricite de France

There's an O'Reilly & Associates book, "Termcap & Terminfo" that mostly covers
system administrator related tty issues.

"Advanced Programming in the Unix Environment" by Stevens covers termios
programming issues.

There's also "Unix Network Programming" by Stevens that implements ptty
functionality among its programming examples.
--
                              The CRT Corporation
                      Computer Based Research and Training

1. pseudo tty and termios trouble

I use xterm -S for input/output from my process and I was
finally able to set it all, so that it seems to work but
I still have some problems with termios settings:

1. output looks like :
string
      string
            string
if I set c_iflag = INLCR, it doesn't go to a next line, if ICRNL
it doesn't go to the leftmost position, as in example above.

2. input doesn't echoed to a screen, but when I set
c_lflag = ISIG | ICANON | ECHO I get VERY weird results -
fgets() reads what was previously written (with fputs()) on
the screen.

what the heck is going on?

BTW, is there any guide or something for that staff, couldn't
find anything on the net.

2. Hidden directories or files?

3. Reading TTY/Pseudo TTY Programming

4. could find intry in /dec/utmp !!! Why ???

5. Mapping Pseudo TTYs to Hard TTYs

6. smail not working - help!

7. Getting the real tty device name (/dev/tty not good enough)

8. NFS Solaris<->Linux solved already? (typo)

9. HELP: serial /dev/ttyS* programming using termios

10. Will termio.h configure my tty?

11. How to map a tty port to another tty port

12. creating tty's, mknod, stuck after boot with wrong tty - help