WANTED: person to do graphics prototypes for PD "Civ II"

WANTED: person to do graphics prototypes for PD "Civ II"

Post by Philip Bro » Thu, 27 Jan 1994 07:57:26

Hi (again).
Looking to work on a "fun" (and UNPAID) project? Had some experience doing
GUI's (the "RIGHT" way) with X ?

Our group needs someone to do some prototypes. You may chose to continue
helping with the coding, or just help us for a month or so. But we need
some help _now_

I am heading a group to do a PD followup to "Sid Meyer's Civilization(tm)"
The game we are laying specs for is getting more and more divergent from
the original, but there's where its roots are.

I was planning to teach myself tcl/tk and do the prototypes myself, but I
find myself reluctant to spend that much time on learning stuff right now.
I currently prefer to stay on the administrative side of things, and not
personally dig into the programming.

So: We Need You!

You don't have to know, or use tcl. It can be something else, but it has
to be free.
(hopefully, either tcl/tk, or Xaw)

And just to do some weeding out now :-)
We are going to be using hex grids. There is no way out of this. If you
don't like this, go away, because you're most likely going to be the one
implementing them :-)
Philip Brown, CIS major, UC Santa Cruz
Author of "kdrill", and "xmandel"
Winging my way out of academia soon...

1. "Box", "line drawing", "special graphics" characters in aixterm

I am reading from /usr/lpp/X11/README that despite the codeset was changed
IBM has added new escape sequences to the terminfo entry to support box
characters used by applications.

I don't see this working. In particular I am using smit and INed editor
with Erg14 or other fonts. The box charcaters do not show up but I get
qqqqqq's instead. Things only work with Rom14 font. The above statements
say that this shuld work with all fonts! Am aI misunderstanding something?
Do I have to perform some tasks? HELP! (I am at 3.2.3 level).

Tel: (615) 322-2459                     Vanderbilt University
Fax: (615) 343-7263                     Nashville, TN 37235

2. Running a command at X sturtup

4. A question about MAIL.

6. ANNOUNCE: new port available for xmame 0.27.1, an arcade game machine emulator

7. WANTED: Free (PD?) "rdist(1)"

8. Solaris and EIZO Flat Screen Monitor.

9. Type "(", ")" and "{", "}" in X...

10. Ports of BSD "scsi" and "sdremap" wanted

11. "Dynamic Address Translation" or "Reverse NAT" Feature Wanted

12. "file" and "magic" enhancements wanted

13. Problem "mv"ing to DOS partition, "cp" is ok....