Development Tools for Dec Alpha/Digital Unix 4.0?

Development Tools for Dec Alpha/Digital Unix 4.0?

Post by Jim Presnel » Sat, 21 Dec 1996 04:00:00

My organization will soon be starting a large development on Dec Alphas
running Digital Unix 4.0 and has very little experience with development
tools for the Alpha platform.  If anyone has suggestions for useful
products or ones to avoid for code development, debugging, configuration
management, performance tuning, etc., please respond to

Thanks

1. Digital Unix 4.0 bug on DEC Alpha ?

You are getting the sigcontext structure (which is a typedef for
mcontext_t.) This is default behaviour for Digital Unix. If you
want the ucontext_t structure you must use the XPG4-UNIX standard
which is achieved by compiling with -std1 -D_XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED
(see 'man standards' and 'man sigaction' for further info.)

... which is completely useless to us, because MSWord is a propriatery
format and we unixers have no viewer to read it (nor do we want such
a viewer.) Plain text is preferred, but if you insist on nice formatting
then Postscript is acceptable.

2. how to update man ?

3. Amended : Digital Unix 4.0 bug on DEC Alpha

4. Can't get port forwarding to work (LinkSys)

5. C++ (Was: Win32 development tools vs UNIX development tools)

6. Voxware 3.0a with Orchid SW32?

7. Elm for DEC Alpha DEC Unix

8. RH-6.1: rpc.mountd, rpc.nfsd NOT running!

9. Digital Alpha DEC Alphastation 500/266

10. sna (lu6.2) data transfer between IBM mainframe and Digital DEC/ALPHA

11. Red Hat Linux 4.0 for DEC Alpha FS

12. Help: Install Redhat 4.0 on DEC Alpha Multia Box

13. AMD running on OSF/1 (dec/alpha) version 3.2 run on OSF/1 4.0?