launching programs w/CA-UNICENTER

Post by Bill Jone » Thu, 12 Nov 1998 04:00:00

We have CA-UNICENTER installed on our HP-UX box and one of the things we
use it for is program scheduling.  We have UNICENTER triggers that
launch programs under events such as a file being transferred to our
system.

Does anyone know if CA-UNICENTER has the capability to "track" the program
it launches and note the exit code when the program completes?  We've had
some programs crash because of various things (database not up; run out of
/tmp disk space; etc.), and we'd like CA-UNICENTER to notify us that the
program didn't complete successfully.  How do you do that?

<remove 7of9 for email replies>

--
Bill Jones                            e-mail addresses:

(860) 437-5650             WWW:  http://pages.cthome.net/billj

1. CA-Unicenter, Comments please

Hello everyone,

I have a client that is looking into System Management tools.  Currently,
the VP of IS is swinging towards CA-Unicenter.  He would like to know of
any comments you would like to share, good or bad.

If you have any comments on other System Management tools please send those
comments also.

Thanks in advance.
--
Ron Delpiere
Consulltant, Midnight Computiing

2. How to make the NFS server running?

3. CA-Unicenter success stories - ?????

4. Unresolved Symbol error configuring PCTel modem

5. CA-Unicenter or Equivalent

6. SAMBA shares with no password?

7. Considering Using CA-Unicenter

8. automatic installation?

9. Ca-Unicenter users

10. intro..and first posting on CA-unicenter

11. CA-Unicenter -- info please

12. CA-unicenter or equivalent

13. Opinions on CA-Unicenter?