How to create a User Limit in Unix

Post by Muhammad Usma » Tue, 14 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Hi

I would be grateful if someone  can send me script for the following.

1. A user should not be able to login twice.

2. A user can login not more than 3 times.

2. Is there a way to create user limit for each user-group(defined in the
groups file). E.g.  A  user group X  has 5 user-limit and if a user logins
and the user-group limits exceeds then he will be forced to logout.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Muhammad Usman

How to create a User Limit in Unix

Post by Kenneth P. Turv » Tue, 14 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi
[Snip]
>1. A user should not be able to login twice.

>2. A user can login not more than 3 times.

>2. Is there a way to create user limit for each user-group(defined in the
>groups file). E.g.  A  user group X  has 5 user-limit and if a user logins
>and the user-group limits exceeds then he will be forced to logout.

I would think that the easiest way to handle this would be to use a custom
login shell that checked the requirements and then started a regular shell.

Has anyone developed a shell (or extended one) for this purpose?

How about just using a script to parse the output of who and check your
conditions?  If your conditions are satisfied, then start sh.

--

The only two things that are infinite in size are the universe and human
stupidity. And I'm not completely sure about the universe.

1. How to create a User Limit in Unix

Hi

I would be grateful if someone  can send me script for the following.

1. A user should not be able to login twice.

2. A user can login not more than 3 times.

2. Is there a way to create user limit for each user-group(defined in the
groups file). E.g.  A  user group X  has 5 user-limit and if a user logins
and the user-group limits exceeds then he will be forced to logout.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Muhammad Usman

2. 2.5.41-mm2

3. To create user limit in Unix

4. problems with xlc when defining _XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED

5. How to create User Limit in Unix

6. SLS version conflict on C

7. How to create User Limit

8. Serial line looped back?