"There's no trick to it, it's just a simple trick!"
- Goodman, The Simpsons
1. PPP Question (ppp-on script)
I adapted the ppp-on (using pppd-2.2) script to my needs.
So I typed
and it dials and connects. I checked the /var/logs/messages
file and the last line says:
connect ppp0 <==> /dev/ttyS1 (or something very similar)
(no errors reported).
So, my problem is that after I type ppp-on I get no prompt or
anything. It looks as if it establishes the PPP connection
but nothing else happens afterwards.
what is going on? Any clues?. How can I get a prompt and start
telneting, ftping, etc????? I suspected a problem with
the IP addresses but I checked and everything looks ok.
Can this be a problem with my modules? kernel?
thx for any help.
(I am doing all this under Slackware 3.3, kernel 2.0, pppd-2.2)
PLEASE DON'T ANSWER TO THIS ACCOUNT
2. searching for SUZE kernel including MCA motherboard
3. PPP-2.4.1 Solaris8 Driver Failed to Attach/ppp question
4. Make Errors
5. Newbie Questions (ICEWM Background, ppp question, mem > 64mb)
6. linux RH6.0 on alpha and net
7. PPP Questions (anyone using it?)
9. Simple PPP question (I think)
10. PPP question
11. A simple newbie PPP question