Cheap, true color terminal (not Wyse 325)

Cheap, true color terminal (not Wyse 325)

Post by Kelly Bear » Fri, 27 Oct 1995 04:00:00

I am having to deal with the Wyse 325.  It is crap.  It is not a true color
terminal.  Our company's rationalization for using it is that it is
inexpensive (which is always their driving criteria), unlike the Wyse 370.
I want to propose an alternative, because this thing just isn't up to the
job.

So, what do I want?  A true color terminal, inexpensive.  It must be a
serial device, not a video monitor.  Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

                            Kelly Beard, Team Jolly (Jolly Cyclist)
   __O      __O      __O    Category 5
 _-\<,_   _-\<,_   _-\<,_   Bianchi EL/OS (Celeste), Cannondale 2.8 (Red)

Post by Peter Sich » Sat, 28 Oct 1995 04:00:00

> So, what do I want?  A true color terminal, inexpensive.  It must be a
> serial device, not a video monitor.  Suggestions?

May I suggest the Digital (Sun River) VT525.  It features full ANSI color,
multiple sessions in framed windows, several emulations, support for
27 country keyboards (choice of Enhanced PC or DEC VT style), a fully
programmable keyboard, and an intuitive windows like set-up.  It works
with off-the-shelf industry standard PS/2 compatible keyboards and SVGA
multisync monitors which keeps the cost down.

Quantity one list price is $649 including an excellent 14" color monitor.

- Peter

Disclaimer:  I work for Digital and helped design this terminal,
             so of course I'd recommend it.  Honestly, I think it's
             one of the best on the market.

Cheap, true color terminal (not Wyse 325)

Post by Dru Nels » Sat, 04 Nov 1995 04:00:00

  I use   RELISYS 175 terminals.  They are serial and they are completely
  plug and play with SCO Ansi.  They work great.

  I am not associated with the company.