modem programming

Post by Rodrigo Stoll Martins Machad » Fri, 15 Oct 1999 04:00:00

        What is the best API for modem programming? I am going to use
termios to work with tty direct. Is there any free lib to make my work
easy?
        Thanks all

1. Anyone do and socket programming and modem programming on AIX?

I was wondering if anyone has any words of wisdom as to how to write
a program to access a modem under aix 3.2.1?  I think I am not making
the ioctl setup, but all I know for sure is that I get no respose from
the modem.... Any suggestions appreciated.  Also I am attempting to make
a passthru socket to the modem, so that people using Lan Workplace for DOS
on a pc can use a utility included to reroute kermit thru a network
socket that will passthru to a modem.  Anyone have any experience doing
this?

--
Teresa & Brian Selling
South Bend, IN