Sending mail from UNIX using Exchange server

Sending mail from UNIX using Exchange server

Post by Sunde » Fri, 06 Jul 2001 23:40:17

Hello,

    I have a script in unix that sends mails using the following command

Is it possible to specify an exchange server name, user account and
password ( for the exchange server) while sending the mail.

I need this because the mail command fails if the mailid is an internet
address. To be able to send mails to internet addresses the sender
should be a valid exchange user.

Thanks for your help.

1. Problem sending smtp unix mail through MS Exchange server to outside

I'm having a problem getting sendmail mail to pass through our
Exchange gateway.   The message is originating on an intranet HP-UX
machine.

Exchange is rejecting the message from passing through to the internet with

I have a makeshift DNS server setup and the DNS has both a forward
and reverse DNS entry so I'm not sure why it isn't working?

Also I'm specifying the domain in the sendmail.cf of the machine.

Our domain doesn't have a MX entry could that be the problem?
Any ideas are very much appreciated.

Thank-you,

Tim

2. Plug N Play in Linux

3. mail - Sending mail to Exchange Server

4. NTFS mount, or Linux mount from NT???

5. Mail to Exchange Server from Unix Server

6. SBCD-IDE Sony 75e Isn't detected {Setup}

7. How to make that Sendmail send mails to Exchange server

8. ATI Rage Fury

9. Sendmail to send all Internet mail to internal Microsoft Exchange server

10. Sending mail to Microsoft Exchange Server

11. Mail Relay using linux to and exchange server behind the fw

12. Using mail/Mail to send HTML mail via SMTP

13. Unix mail to Exchange Server