TCP connectio VS DB connection

Post by charle » Fri, 03 May 2002 16:35:24

Hi. everyone.
Which is faster between tcp connect and database connect?
And how can I test this?
Thanks in advance

Post by Barry Margoli » Sat, 04 May 2002 06:43:38

>Hi. everyone.
>Which is faster between tcp connect and database connect?

Your question doesn't make much sense.  If the database server is accessed
via the network, the database connect requires a tcp connect.

--

Genuity, Woburn, MA

TCP connectio VS DB connection

Post by those who know me have no need of my nam » Tue, 07 May 2002 01:23:50

>>Which is faster between tcp connect and database connect?

>Your question doesn't make much sense.  If the database server is accessed
>via the network, the database connect requires a tcp connect.

unless the `database connect' (whatever that is) uses a different protocol,
e.g., udp.  (i presume it'll use tcp too, but there is a chance it wouldn't.)

1. My PPP Connection/Network Connectio

Ok...here is my deal:

I have 1 Mac, running the vicom internet gateway, 1 othe mac linked via 10
base t shareing that connection, and 1 linux box 2.0.32 slackware 3.2 with
a 10 base t card, any way i can link my linux box to my mac and share the
tcp/ip without using server software...like just "Plug" my linux box into
my hub and set up the network stuff on both ends and wa la? or is there
software i need.... i have a 128K isdn connection on my mac...i would like
to share it with my linux box...and sell shells also, right now we are
doing web hosting, and e-mail....

This article was posted from <A HREF="http://www.slurp.net/">Slurp Net</A>.

2. Oops bttv related

3. tcp/ip vs. serial connection

4. First Public Release of Shared, Dynamic Linker (ld.so)

5. Linux vs OS2 vs NT vs Win95 vs Multics vs PDP11 vs BSD geeks

6. Education in Hong Kong

7. TCP Ques - How to find actual bytes in the TCP send buffer And Connection Que length

8. help a novice with an approach to MTA, for non-dedicated ppp

9. Rejecting TCP connections with TCP reset (what state?)

10. Limit maximum TCP connections for NAT connection

11. Unexpected connection timeouts on local TCP connections

12. tcp connection only works properly when pinging, otherwise erratic or dead connection

13. Help!!!!! - serial connections vs ethernet connections