Link terminal in ansi.sys mode gives blank screen

Post by Richard S. Shufor » Fri, 05 Feb 1999 04:00:00

>> Why is it called ansi.sys and not just ansi? Do I need to
>> download something to the terminal?

>My guess is that the ansi.sys entry is tailored more for MSDOS computers
>which have ANSI.SYS loaded in their CONFIG.SYS configuration file.
>The scoansi entry might be a bit closer to what you're after. Then again,
>it might not be. I'm still a bit of a newbie to SCO UNIX.

You don't say which model of Link terminal you are using.  The MC-5
does not have any "ANSI.SYS" emulation setting.

Yes, ANSI.SYS is a console device driver in MS-DOS.  It obeys a small
set of control sequences, some of which come from the ANSI X3.64
standard and some of which Microsoft made up.

In some releases of MS-DOS, there is a bug so that the "erase from
cursor to end of line" function must be invoked by sending ESC [ k
(lowercase) instead of using the uppercase K, which the X3.64 standard
specifies.  Other releases of MS-DOS got it right.  I don't remember
which ones.

Among the archived terminal information at

    http://www.cs.utk.edu/~shuford/terminal_index.html

there is a link from the "general info" page, called "commentary on
ANSI terminal controls" or something like that, which shows some
discussion of this matter.

Other links may lead you to advice on setting up terminfo/termcap
in a way more compatible with your terminal.

 ...Richard S. Shuford
    Stratus Computer, Inc.
    Americas Customer Service

--
Stratus Computer sells redundant-hardware fault-tolerant computer systems that
can run VOS, SVR4 FTX, or HP-UX.  For details, see http://www.stratus.com/

1. Needed: termcap entry for DOS ANSI.SYS and/or Avatar terminal

--
Hello!
  I need a termcap entry for ANSI.SYS. What I mean is that I want a termcap

  I checked out what VT-100 and VT-102 offer, and they do not fit me. I need the
termcap entry to correspond exaclty.

                                                Thank you,
                                                        Amit Margalit
Amit Margalit (Software Support - Digital Israel)    And also a Linux addict!

window with it, I don't accept it." -- Rooster (The HitchHiker's Guide)

2. Problem with zmodem file upload(rz)

3. SCO ANSI terminal vs. regular ANSI terminal

4. Linux on SparcStation IPC

5. 1.1.83 and PCMCIA ethernet

6. XFree86 4.01: blank lines in terminal and blank terminal???

7. GNU chess under Linux

8. DOSEMU and ANSI.SYS

9. xfree86 4.0/2.4.0-test10 on iMac/DV, starts, but gives only blank screen

10. LILO MBR gives blank screen on Panasonic CF41

11. Starting X gives blank screen

12. man anything gives a blank screen and END