fattach() fail / "nmgetid(): could not establish a unique node id"

fattach() fail / "nmgetid(): could not establish a unique node id"

Post by Jim Robins » Thu, 22 May 1997 04:00:00

Solaris 2.5 fattach() is failing with ENOMEM after successfully performing
about 220 fattach()es. On the console, the message:
        WARNING: nmgetid(): could not establish a unique node id
pops up when the failure occurs.

I can find no reference to nmgetid() in the fine man pages or in
answerbook. In addition, the man page for fattach() makes no mention of
ENOMEM being a possible error condition.

I imagine that a system resource is being exhausted, but it is not obvious
to me which one and whether it can be configured to be a higher value.

Any pointers greatfully accepted.

--
Jim Robinson