CVS Configuration Management UNIX Scripts

CVS Configuration Management UNIX Scripts

Post by XonTe » Sat, 05 Mar 1994 04:14:17

Does anyone have any UNIX scripts to execute CVS commands
for change control tracking, creating builds, release
management, or any other configuration management functions?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Joey

1. CONFIGURATION MANAGEMENT - CVS EXPERT WANTED!!! - Job Opening

CONFIGURATION MANAGEMENT/BUILD ENGINEER -

Okay, so there are no CVS experts and it is a relatively new product in
the world of Configuration Management but I am looking for an EXPERT.

What I am looking for is someone to define, implement, execute, and
provide support and training in sophisticated configuration management
processes, covering development environments, joint product development
efforts, and staging and production environments.

You will be responsible for:

Design & implementation of configuration management systems & processes
from development to production.
Managing source code control for concurrent projects.
The creation and maintenance of scripts, procedures, and documentation
supporting build process.
Regular builds process and notification to development team for the
issues and suggested resolutions.
Work closely with development team and QA team.

Requirements:

BS in engineering or related fields; computer science preferred
2+ years experience in a mixed Windows (98/NT) and UNIX environment.
2+ years experience with configuration management software in a
multi-project, multi-release environment;  CVS a big plus.
Proficient in Unix shell programming and Make. Experience with Java, C++
and RDBMS a plus.
Able to implement, document, and maintain CM processes and train end
users
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Able to work independently and productively under pressure.
Strong team player, flexible but assertive and results oriented.
Experience in a startup environment preferred.

If you are interested pop me an email with your resume and lets talk.

Herb Alston
MIT RECRUITING
415.285-8110
415.641-1515Fax

2. Ghost images --> Video card going bad?

3. Any free configuration Management Software or CVS wrapper ?

4. HP-UX: Looking for Opinions (I *know* you've all got them....)

5. A better Unix configuration management system?

6. /dev/modem permissions. Help!

7. unix, linix memory management v/s windows95 memory management

8. Printer question: Setup of a print server

9. RCS or CVS and system config management

10. perl -v, problem with "CVS" version management system

11. UNIX SIG, Tues. Apr. 8: UNIX System Management

12. CVS pserver daemon configuration

13. current CVS tree vs released CVS tree