How can I run a remote application

Post by Steve Ros » Sun, 14 Jan 2001 20:10:46

Can anyone help?

I would like to be able to execute a program on an NT box from an HPUX Box.

Anyone know how?

Someone has suggested using rexec() but I don't know how to use it.

Much Appreciated.

Post by mike burrel » Mon, 15 Jan 2001 03:02:49

> Can anyone help?
> I would like to be able to execute a program on an NT box from an HPUX Box.
> Anyone know how?
> Someone has suggested using rexec() but I don't know how to use it.

there are any number of ways to do it.  you could get the NT box to run a
"shell" CGI script on a web server if you wanted.  the easiest way, though,
would be if there were some sort of rexec daemon available for NT.  you'd
best ask on an NT group about what sort of remote execution daemons are
available.

--
 /"\                                                 m i k e   b u r r e l l

  X        AGAINST HTML MAIL,

Post by Noredine Maaf » Mon, 15 Jan 2001 09:11:18

mike burrell wrote :

> > Can anyone help?

> > I would like to be able to execute a program on an NT box from an HPUX Box.

> > Anyone know how?

> > Someone has suggested using rexec() but I don't know how to use it.

> there are any number of ways to do it.  you could get the NT box to run a
> "shell" CGI script on a web server if you wanted.  the easiest way, though,
> would be if there were some sort of rexec daemon available for NT.  you'd
> best ask on an NT group about what sort of remote execution daemons are
> available.

> --
>  /"\                                                 m i k e   b u r r e l l

>   X        AGAINST HTML MAIL,

May be,  Exceed or other "program" gave you a daemon similar to rexec. I now that
Exceed run an inetd daemon on Wxx and NT why not rexec!

1. cannot run X-application from remote Unix

Hello,

I am new to Linux and X-windows, and would appreciate it if somebody
could tell me
how to run a X-application from a remote Unix.

I have included the remote Unix host in the /etc/host.allow file.
However, when I run
X-application in remote Unix (through telnet), I got the error messages,

"Xlib: connection to 'my host:0.0' refused by server"
"Xlib: client is not authorized to connect to Server"
"Cannot open display 'my host:0.0' "
where 'my host' is my Linux IP address.

Thank you very much

Newman

2. Getting Lilo22-1 to compile

3. How to Run Remote X Applications

4. Seting up a proxy cache server under linux?

5. How To Run Remote X Applications

6. DHCP Client using a Token Ring Card?

7. HELP: How can I run remote x-application via ppp connection?!?

8. __ How can I run X app's through telnet on my X ___

9. Run remote application on Windows...

10. Troubles of running remote X applications with Red Hat Linux 7.2

11. How to Run Remote X Applications

12. Problem running remote X applications or as su to root

13. How to Run Remote X Applications