problem with pty_fork

Post by Miguel de Ica » Wed, 30 Dec 1992 07:24:10

Currently I'am using Ultrix 4.3 (a mix between 4.2 and 4.3 BSD), and I
have a problem:

I need to fork a pty, but the TIOCSCTTY ioctl call doesn't exist in
4.2 (nor Ultrix).

I've tried to use Ricard Stevens' examples for forking the pty, but
they don't work with pre-4.3 Unixes.

Thanks in advance,
Miguel de Icaza
--
Saludos,
Miguel de Icaza

1. problems, problems, 37.5 GB, problems, 1024, problems...

I have an IBM 37.5 GB hard disk and I'm trying to duel boot Windows 98 SE
and Linux.  In the oversize disk HOWTO
(http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Large-Disk-HOWTO-12.html#ss12.1), it mentions
that a distribution running the 2.2.14 kernel will survive the insane 33.8
GB Linux booting limit.  Does this mean that I can successfully install
RedHat Linux 6.2 (the new RedHat with the Linux 2.2.14 kernel) on hard drive
with partitions like:
--------
|  Windoze  (GBs 1-19)
|            |
|            |
|            |
---------
|     RH 6.2 (20-37.5)
|            |
|            |
|            |
---------

Note:  I can't seem to duel boot the RH 6.1 and Windoze.  I've had many
problems each and every time I try it and I've had to delete all partitions
on my drive and install Windoze using its own CDROM disc and its simple
fdisk.

2. need util to verify my /etc/passwd integrity

3. Installation problems, problems, problems!

4. Linux and Windows 95/98

5. PPP stands for Problem Problem Problem

6. conversion

7. Problems... problems ... more problems

8. htaccess & htpasswd access control problem

9. Problems, Problems, Problems

10. Problem problem problem

11. Linux died...problems, problems, problems....

12. Linux Problems Problems Problems ... DNS, HD, X Windows

13. Problems Problems Problems.... DNS, HD, X